We have some great news……
I AM PREGNANT!!!!
11 Weeks Pregnant Bump-date!
Baby #2 is on the way and should be making an arrival on Jan 7th. I know I have been a little MIA with my blog and social media lately. People have been texting me non-stop asking me if I am okay. I have been very nauseous and very tired with this baby. I feel like this pregnancy has been a lot harder than my last one. I am having a really hard time adjusting to everything. The morning sickness has gotten a little bit better. I am not having any cravings.. just a ton of food aversions. I associate so many foods with being sick. I also feel like this baby is sucking the beauty out of me. I know that sounds so weird but I feel like this baby is JUST different.
We are having a gender reveal party on July 15th to see what the baby is going to be. I did do a chromosome test and that is how I can tell what the gender is at 12 weeks. I did not get the test to see if my baby had down syndrome (Chris and I have both agreed that it would not change anything.) The doctor just told me I could also find out the gender pretty quick and that is why some parents do it.
My first ultra sound was last week and Chris and I were so excited. Little baby Schwartz was wiggling around in my tummy like crazy. We are both hoping for a girl but we will be over the moon if it’s a boy. Even though I see how Chris and his brother wrestle around the house and I hate that. haha
Since I am pregnant and all.. I will be giving out some pregnancy tips on my blog and my goal will be styling pregnant women without buying maternity clothes. It has been really hard for me to look my best with this pregnancy. I am just going to go ahead and admit it. So I will be posting tips on how to do quick makeup/hair styles, heatless waves, and diet ideas.
My first set of tips are for the first trimester of pregnancy and making things easier for momma. Especially when you have a little toddler running around!! lol I love him to death though! He keeps telling me that he wants 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Like really dude? lol
Tips for the First Trimester.
- Get a Mani/Pedi. I have my own shellac machine and I can obviously do my own pedicure. Both of these things save you money but I don’t really think it saves that much time. You need time to rest and you should totally pamper yourself. Plus pedicures are great for pregnant women because your feet swell. When I told my hubby I was going to get these things done.. he had no problem with it. He does realize that I am tired and a little pampering helps. This tip came from my best blogging friends ever. Thanks Beauty Squad. I don’t know what I would do without you girls. By the way, if you don’t know of a good nail salon in your area use the app called Yelp. I love yelp and I have always found the reviews to be true.
- Meal Prepping. I meal prepped for me and Chris a lot before I was pregnant. Cooking is the last thing I want to do right now because I am so tired when I get off work. I found service in Paducah, KY that will cook 20 meal prepped meals for us for only $6.50 a meal. Not only are the meals full of healthy protein, veggies, and complex carbs… but I don’t have to cook them!! If you are looking for local meal prep services in your area you can try to google it or you can visit local gyms and they usually know of one!
- Cleaning Service. If you have the money to spare I highly recommend hiring someone to clean your house while you are pregnant. The first trimester you are tired and do not want to clean. The second trimester you might not want to clean. But the third you will be so big that you can’t clean. I love my husband but he just cannot clean like I can. But I love him nonetheless.
- Organize your closet. This might sound silly but I got into a little nesting stage and organized my closet and now I feel like I am in heaven. I organized everything by season and style and it has helped my mood. I even got this amazing shoe organizer at bed, bath, and beyond and I totally recommend it!!! I linked it Here
- Pregnancy Pillow. Pregnancy pillows are great. Boppy makes one that is really good that I used with my last pregnancy. I linked it Hereand it is about $60. I definitely think it is worth the money. We are trying to get Grayson out of our bed but it has been hard. He slept with us last night and he literally head butted me at 4 this morning. haha Sorry Grayson but it’s time to go!
- Have a serious conversation with your husband. I told Chris that I was not going to be able to cook, clean, help with Grayson, run errands, and workout as much as I use to. I let him know that my work ethic at home and moods would be changing dramatically. Chris honestly understood and stepped up and did everything. So when I got home and went straight to bed it was no surprise to him. I think he has gotten annoyed a little bit but he hasn’t made a big deal about it. But you cannot get mad when you house isn’t perfect like usual. I wouldn’t complain at him much because he is helping so much.
- Gatorade and water are seriously your best friend. This really just depends on your mood and food/drink aversions. I drank a ton of gingerale the first couple of weeks and now I don’t want to look at it. Lemon gatorade has helped me a lot so I have been sipping on that and water.
- Nuts make an easy on the go snack. I take nuts everywhere I go because the nurse told me that it helps with getting fiber in my diet, and it also helps your stomach hold some protein. If I do not have something on my stomach … I get super nauseous. Peanuts are my favorite!!!
- Make an effort for your friends. I have gone to almost everything I have been invited to even though I don’t feel good and I can’t drink alcohol. I know sometimes you feel tired and out-of-place when you are pregnant. Honestly, I am so glad that I am still trying to keep an active social time because it helps my moods with pregnancy.
- If this is your second baby… spend as much time with your first. I have super mom guilt lately because it has always been me, Chris and Grayson and now everything has changed. I don’t want Grayson to feel left out. I am going to try to appreciate every moment I have with him by myself. Saying that, that’s another reason why I took a little social media/blogging break. I have been spending all my time with him and away from my phone.