Matoka and Jarret’s Fiesta Themed Party
I co-hosted a fiesta themed wedding shower for my best friend Matoka. I am the matron of honor and this wedding shower was so fun for all ages. All the decorations were affordable and easy to find. If you are planning a wedding shower or just a fun get-together, consider using this extremely colorful theme.
Checklist for hosting a Fiesta Theme Party.
- Taco Bar
- Fiesta Decor
- Fiesta Props
- Snapchat Geofilter
1. Donut cake- So a donut cake has nothing to do with a fiesta but you have to admit it’s cute. Not only is this donut tier cake super cheap but you don’t have to have anyone cut the cake. I only paid $24 for Krispy Kreme donuts. You need a cupcake tier and at least 2 dozen donuts. I placed flowers in between the donuts to give it some extra decor. I placed little cupcake toppers in the donut to give it the fiesta feel. Click here to purchase the cupcake toppers from hobby lobby for only $1.99.
2. Snap Chat filter– Snap chat geo filters are affordable right now and you can design them for free with http://picmonkey.com Make sure you make it on a transparent canvas and you save it as a png file. It was only $5 for the entire day. Click here to learn more about snap chat geofilters Make sure you sign up for the filter the day before the event because snapchat has to approve it.
3. $1 Margarita Glasses. These margarita glasses are from the dollar tree for only a dollar. SCORE!
4. Photobooth– The bride made this photo back drop for pictures. She said that the balloons came from Micheals and the streamers came from party city.
5. The colorful hanging decor– The bride also got these cute decorations at party city for only $9.99. Click here to shop this fiesta themed decor at Party City.
6. Hobby Lobby had some great fiesta themed decor. At hobby lobby I purchased the cute little piñata, photo booth props, and a sombrero. Click here to shop photo booth props.
7. Corona flower vases– Corona just screams a fiesta doesn’t it? I told my husband to drink a 6 pack of Corona (obviously I can’t have any), we rinsed out the bottles, and I purchased all different colored daisy’s at Kroger’s.
8.Oriental Trading has a ton of great cheap decorations. We purchased the table runner, maracas, and straws to match our theme for $40 total. Matoka’s daughter Adalyn was getting her fiesta on with the maracas. Click here to buy fiesta maracas She is so cute.
9. Games were a huge hit at this fiesta themed wedding shower. The cutest game is when the boys were on one team and the girls were on the other. Each team had 7 mins to make a tux for the groom and a wedding gown for the bride out of toilet paper. It was a huge hit.
10. Fiesta hat. Matoka didn’t want to wear a veil or anything at this fiesta themed party so instead I got her the cutest little headband hat. Click here to shop her hat for only $9.99.
11. Taco Bar– You cannot have a fiesta themed party without some tacos and chips and salsa. Place your taco meat in a crockpot so it stays warm. We had a ton of different toppings to choose from.
If you thought this blog post was helpful I would love for you to leave a comment and tell you what you think. This party was so fun to plan and all of our friends thought it was so cute. You have to do this theme for your next event.
Don’t forget to check out my latest fall outfit post
Have a great week and get your fiesta partying on!